Prawn, mango and avocado poke bowls
Ditch those drab lettuce leaves and, instead, fuel yourself with fresh fish, veggies and fresh mango. Sounds good, right? This trendy poke bowl is fresh yet full of flavour.
And it gets even better when you remember that the benefits of fish are well-proven. Prawns are a rich source of high-quality protein and minerals such as iodine, an essential nutrient for cognitive function and thyroid health. The wholegrain rice is a source of fibre and B vitamins which help to convert the food we eat into energy.
This lunchbox can be whipped up within minutes, using fresh ingredients or even leftovers from the fridge and you can get creative with different toppings! Poke bowls really aren’t just for restaurants…
#LilyLunchBox for successful living
Ingredients (serves 2)
120g brown rice, rinsed and drained
200g cooked prawns
1 avocado, cut into chunks
½ mango, skin removed and cut into chunks
100g cucumber, sliced
A handful of radishes, sliced
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp sesame seeds, to serve
For the soy and lime dressing
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp lime juice (roughly ½ a lime)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1. Cook the rice as per the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain immediately and rinse with cold water until the rice is cold. Drain and set aside.
2. To make the dressing, put the sesame oil, lime juice, soy sauce and ginger in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
3. To serve, simply divide everything between two bowls or lunchboxes and drizzle over the dressing.
Corporate Wellness Programs in London And Beyond
Increase productivity, create wellness culture, reduce healthcare costs
Nutrition-focused corporate wellness packages for successful living
Popular online workplace wellness webinar topics include:
- Working from home? Smart eating strategies to stay healthy and productive at home
- Nutrition Strategies To Support Your Immune System and Build Resilience
- How to optimise your nutrition during times of stress
- Simple Strategies To Improve Our Mood With Food
Email London Nutritionist, email@example.com for a brochure
‘Lily ran a fantastically crafted session on Nutrition for Lloyds Banking Group, as part of Mental Health Awareness Week. The session on food and how it contributes to our mood was truly exceptional and timely given the current climate we have found ourselves in. Lily’s session was attended by 900+ colleagues and was one of the most interactive and enjoyable sessions I have ever attended, with colleague feedback being overwhelming positive. I really look forward to having Lily come back and hopefully deliver another presentation in the near future.’